Step 1: 5 things that made my life unmanageable in my addiction.
- Using/drinking/altering my natural state of mind messes with/dupes my reality/I lose my sanity, my serenity, my brain.
- I didn’t/couldn’t do right for my daughters being “hidden” from me
- I was/am toxic for M and everyone in my life.
- Thinking I was a “functioning addict/alcoholic”
- Having no HP or at least a real honest connection/relationship with Him.
5 things I’m powerless over:
- Other people – their actions, behaviors, feelings, anything/everything outside myself.
- My addiction/using/etc – if I use I’m choosing misery and possible death by my own stupidity.
- Triggers – they’re everywhere in life.
- Environments/energies in a room.
- Being in control of my life – “Thy will, not mine, be done”